Thursday, April 24, 2014

Nail On the Wall

Nail On the Wall


A saint visited the small town Pudur. There was a rich man who welcomed him to his house . The rich man expressed his problem to the saint.
"Swamiji, I am getting angry for even small matters. What is the way to control my anger?" the rich man asked.
The saint asked the rich man, "Which room in your home is your most favorite room?
The rich man said that his favorite room is the drawing room of his house.

The drawing room had beautiful art, paintings and decorative items in the walls. Indeed, it was the most beautiful room. Then the saint turned back to the rich man’s wife and said, “whenever your husband is angry, hammer a nail in the wall of this room every time. A week later I will come and meet you!” He left the rich man's house after saying this advice.

"What it this? This saint is asking to hit a nail on the wall in my beautiful drawing room!" said the rich man angrily. His wife took the first nail and hit it on the wall. Whenever he got angry, his wife hit the nail on the wall. On the whole, she had to hit a total of fourteen nails on the first day. The next day, whenever the rich man became angry, she kept hitting the nails on the wall. There were ten nails at the end of the second day. On the third day, it reduced to six nails. 

Due to continuous hitting of nails, a small crack appeared in the wall on the fourth day. Large cracks in the wall could make the room completely ruined. The rich man wanted to stop his wife hammering the nail in the wall. He did not want to destroy the wall spoiling his most favorite drawing room. He began to remain quiet whenever he became angry. There was no need to hit the nail at the end of the fifth day. Gradually he wanted peace of mind and stopped becoming angry. 

At the end of the week, when the saint returned to see the rich man, he found him to be peaceful and saw politeness in his face. The saint realized that the nail on the wall treatment has worked very well and said “See how the nails have spoiled the wall; similarly your anger was spoiling your mind! If you stop becoming angry, your life will be peaceful!” The rich man accepted saint’s words. The saint blessed the rich man and his wife. The rich man lively happily and peacefully.

Moral : Anger is the root cause of all the evils. One should control his anger, else anger can destroy him.
Home

1 comment:

  1. Well! I was looking for a funny story to set up my mode as I was angry some of the reason. But this story changed my thinking and changed my mode as well.
    Truly says, I am a person like the rich man, no! I'm not that much rich, I am just talking about his habit, yes I get angry so early and I know that but I didn't have any solution till now.

    By reading of this kind of stories kids are growing with the new world of view. Not even that people like my also changing day by day by the reading of this kind of funny bedtime stories for kids.

    The big example is in front of me and I have expressed my feelings as well above. last words of mine will be, so many thanks to the author for writing some life-changing words. Thanks

    ReplyDelete